When in doubt; picnic
Living in any big city is great and all but sometimes you need a bit of the outdoors. Thankfully, I am a 5 minute walk from a great park in LA - echo park. At least twice a month I will pack a basket and head over. Below are my 5 essentials for the perfect picnic.
1. 2 solid blankets. One for all the food and one to lounge. Take up as much space as you can. You're going to want to lay down.
2. Actual plates and glasses. Maybe it me but I despise eating out of plastic containers. It makes everything so much classier if you dirty a plate or wood cutting board. Place in a paper bag to transport home for washing.
3. At least two more baguette then you think with plenty of cheese. Cornichons and almonds. Tomatoes and cherries. Little bits of everything to make pile on the bread to make an epic bite.
4. Playing cards. A staple in my purse always. Gin rummy is my game of choice. It's a good ice breaker if the picnic is a first date. (a picnic would be an amazing first date).
5. Go solo, with your lover or make a friend at the park. Picnics are amazing because it takes an afternoon that could have been lazy and uneventful and turns it into a fond memory.